When people are arrested in Duval County, they usually search for a Jacksonville criminal lawyer. They may ask their friends about Duval County Lawyers. If they were arrested in Orange Park or Green Cove Springs, they will be searching for a Clay County Attorney. If they are facing criminal charges in St. Augustine, they will be looking for St. Johns County lawyers. Some people know Jacksonville lawyers that they may call. Other people search the Internet for Jacksonville criminal attorneys.
People will also use the Internet to learn more about their criminal charges. If you were arrested for stealing from the Avenues Mall, you may Google “Jacksonville petty theft” to learn more about Florida theft charges. If you were arrested for Jacksonville domestic battery, you may search the web for “Jacksonville domestic violence” information. If your child has been given a citation for Jacksonville juvenile drug possession, you may be looking for the laws that apply to Jacksonville juvenile delinquents.
You can find a lot of information about Florida criminal charges. I found a website that shows you arrests in Jacksonville. The website is called whosarrested.com. It is a free national database for arrests all over Florida and in other states. This website also allows you to search of people that have been arrested in Duval County, Florida. As a Jacksonville criminal lawyer, I found it very interesting that this website shows the most frequent charges of the week and for the year.
The ten most frequent criminal arrests in Jacksonville for the week were:
- Jacksonville dealing in stolen property
- Writ of Attachment for failing to pay Florida child support
- Jacksonville possession of cocaine
- Giving false verification of ownership to a pawnshop broker
- Jacksonville resisting on officer without violence
- Jacksonville possession of drug paraphernalia
- Domestic battery
- Jacksonville aggravated battery
- Jacksonville Battery of the elderly (victim is 65 years old or older)
- Jacksonville driving under the influence of alcohol or a chemical substance (DUI/DWI)
The most popular criminal charges in Jacksonville for 2012 are:
- Jacksonville DUI
- Resisting an officer without violence to his person
- Possession or use of drug paraphernalia
- Jacksonville possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana
- Jacksonville driving on a suspended license (drivers license suspended revoked or canceled with knowledge).
- Domestic Battery
- Jacksonville trespass to property (defies order to leave or endangers property)
- Jacksonville violation of probation
- Failure to appear in court when out on bail (misses court date)